Today marks the 8th World Kidney Day. Each year, World Kidney Day has served to draw attention to kidney disease, its prevention, and treatment. This year World Kidney Day raises awareness of acute kidney injury (AKI), and with this theme in mind we offer a selection of AKI-related resources from the blog and AJKD:
Recent blog posts related to AKI:
- Do We Have a Troponin for AKI?
- Dosing Dialysis in AKI: What Have We Learned From Clinical Trials?
- Incidence and Consequences of AKI in Kidney Transplant Recipients
- Cardiac Surgery and the Kidney: Can We Predict AKI?
AJKD resources related to AKI:
- World Kidney Day 2013: Acute Kidney Injury—Global Health Alert
- Medication Dosing in Critically Ill Patients With AKI Treated With RRT*
- Abdominal Compartment Syndrome and AKI Due to Excessive Auto-PEEP
- AKI and CKD: Chicken or Egg?
- AKI in Elderly Persons
- AKI chapter of the latest USRDS
- Critical Care Nephrology: Core Curriculum 2009
- Management of Poisonings: Core Curriculum 2010
- Toxic Nephropathies: Core Curriculum 2010
*Subscription required for full-text of this article; all other articles listed are freely available.