Of the eight regional winners, The People agreed with the blue-ribbon panel in half:
- Critical care bracket: Furosemide Stress Test
- Obstetrics: sFlt1 in Preeclampsia
- Genetics: APOL1
- Vascular Surgery: Laparoscopic PD Placement
The highest number of votes went to APOL1 with 126, followed by Sacubitril in HF (PARADIGM-HF) at 108, and the Furosemide Stress Test at 103.
Bringing up the bottom were Open PD placement at 6, albumin as a nutritional marker at 9 along with autosomal recessive tubulointerstitial nephritis also at 9.
The three best Cinderellas (lowest vote total for teams that advanced) were:
- Obesity: ESRD Risk Factor at 50 votes
- HIVICK at 53 votes
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors at 58 votes
The closest vote totals were in the Onconephrology Region:
- Nephron sparing surgery at 66
- Transplant after malignancy at 61
- Over actual winner, Tyrosine Kinase inhibitor toxicity at 58