- Dr Devarajan calls the panel “NGAL, IL-18, KIM-1 and L-FABP” as Super Four of the markers of acute kidney injury (AKI) diagnosis.
- Urine NGAL represents NGAL liberated FROM the kidney, and is not seen in pre-renal insults.
- Recent TRIBE AKI study, showing albuminuria precedes AKI in cardiac bypass patients
- TRIAGE NGAL kits are available outside United States.
Even Subclinical AKI is important
- In the absence of diagnostic increases in serum creatinine, NGAL detects patients with likely subclinical AKI who have an increased risk of adverse outcomes.
Sidharth Kumar Sethi, MD
eAJKD Advisory Board member
Check out all of eAJKD’s coverage of the AKI in Children / PCRRT 2012 Conference here.