Happy New Year from AJKD!
We are excited to share the top ten AJKDBlog posts of 2020 below. Enjoy the list, and congratulations to all the contributors!
1. Contrast-Induced Nephropathy: Does It Really Exist? by Trisha Patel and Edgar Lerma
2. Unraveling Thiazide-Associated Hyponatremia by Timothy Yau
Author’s approach to the management of chronic metabolic acidosis (MA) in chronic kidney disease using sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3). The NaHCO3 dose should be reduced if total carbon dioxide (tCO2) is > 26 mEq/L. The dose of HCO3− in mEq/day is shown in parentheses; the dose of citrate-based formulations can be approximated using these values. Adapted from Figure 5 from Raphael, AJKD © National Kidney Foundation.
3. Dialysis Care in Asia: How Does The Philippines Fare? by Isabelle Dominique V. Tomacruz and Beatrice P. Concepcion
4. Management and Treatment of Lupus Nephritis – Interview with Bill Whittier and Roger Rodby
5. Pulmonary Hypertension in CKD by Sai Sudha Mannemuddhu
6. Hyponatremia, Brave New World by Joel Topf
8. Coffee Consumption and Kidney Function by Paul Phelan
9. Don’t Panic: Pregnancy in Kidney Disease by Christin Giordano and Anna Burgner
10. Nephrology Care Dynamics in Different ICU Settings by Ed Gould
BONUS Honorable Mentions:
- AJKD Podcast: Vaccines for Patients with CKD Holly Kramer, Timothy Yau, and Harish Seethapathy
- #PathPointer: Hump-Like Deposits in Glomerular Diseases by Virginie Royal
- Test Your Knowledge: Potassium Homeostasis by Kenar Jhaveri
*Note: The Top Ten posts only include posts that published Nov 2019-Oct 2020 and do not include NephMadness posts.